About this policy
Inverkip Hotel is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website (www.Inverkip.co.uk).
- you make a booking on our website.
- you make an employment or service enquiry through our website by accessing the email link.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. We collect, use and retain Personal Information about you only to the extent that is reasonably required to conduct our business effectively.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
- Inverkip Hotel is a restaurant & hotel based in Inverkip
- Our registered address is: Inverkip Hotel, Main St, Inverkip, PA16 0AS
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you make a room or restaurant booking. We use ResDiary to accept and process restaurant bookings. We use Eviivo to accept and process hotel room bookings. Please see section titled “How and where do we store data?” for more information about the third party software we use to process bookings.
- when you visit our restaurant and/or hotel (preferences, allergies etc.).
- make an enquiry. There is no contact form on our website, therefore all enquiries are sent to our email servers. We delete all emails once we have no business reason to keep them, or every three years, whichever timeframe is less.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a room or dinner booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfil your booking request and you may dine and/or stay at our venue.
When you make a room and/or hotel room booking:
Inverkip Hotel collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
- home or work address
- billing information (currently limited to Eviivo: compliant with the Payment Card Industry security standard (PCI-DSS Level 1).
- telephone number
- company name
- dietary requests
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
When you dine at Inverkip Hotel:
Inverkip Hotel collects information such as:
- marketing responses (where applicable)
- survey responses
- current and past restaurant reservation details
When you access our website:
A nugatory amount of data is automatically collected by our web server access log records. Access log records collect and store information based on IP addresses and access request date/time. We host our website on Namesco servers. Namesco is fully compliant with Data Protection laws, although the basic information they store is not user-specific and cannot be used to identify an individual. We have never had reason to access these logs as we use Google Analytics performance cookies to display more advanced access and usage data in a user-friendly dashboard which we (and our web agency) can more easily interpret.
We use Google Analytic cookies to gather and display information relating to
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, tablet)
- operating system
- browser type
- browser information (e.g., type, language, version)
- domain names
- access times and dates
- location (country + city/town)
- referring website addresses
All data gathered, processed and displayed by Google Analytics cookies is randomised and can never by traced to an individual.
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to email@example.com This information may include:
- personal details
- employment details
- salary history
- other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. We delete all emails and attachments once we have no business reason to keep them, or every three years, whichever timeframe is less. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would no longer like us to hold your records at any time.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We do not host any further third party website content such as imagery hosted on CDNs or embedded social or video content which could use their own cookies to gather data about you.
Our website agency has access to our Google Analytics Dashboard, but no other data.
How and where do we store data?
When you send an email to the email address displayed on our website, we collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email (such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email).
A nugatory amount of data is automatically collected by our web server access log records. Access log records collect and store information based on IP addresses and access request date/time. We host our website with Namesco who are fully compliant with Data Protection laws, although the basic information they store is not user-specific and cannot be used to identify an individual. We have never had reason to access these logs as we use Google Analytics performance cookies to display more advanced access and usage data in a user friendly dashboard which we can more easily interpret.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Inverkip Hotel holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods: 36 Months
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the third party services on our website.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Changes to this statement